Junior Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor
- Date Listed28/05/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Due to our continual growth Tim Kelly Group are currently recruiting a Junior Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join our team. As a leading contractor, we specialise in the provision of mechanical, electrical, fire protection and technology services to a range of sectors including commercial, data centre, manufacturing, infrastructure and healthcare. With such a broad spectrum of sectors and services, you will most certainly acquire exceptional opportunities to broaden your skills, abilities and knowledge in cutting edge technology and work practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans.
• Manage/monitor all commercial aspects of projects.
• Responsible for cost controlling including tracking and agreeing change.
• Pricing and assessment of variations and contract entitlement Negotiation.
• Performing risk and value management and cost control.
• Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities.
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
• Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
• Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems.
• Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed.
• Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded.
• Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components.
• Review proposals with Designers.
• Providing advice on contractual claims.
• Maintain contemporaneous accurate records.
• Valuing completed work and compiling application for payment.
• Monthly cost and value reports.
• Project cost and programme forecasts.
What you'll need to succeed:
• Previous experience in a contracting environment, preferably M&E experience
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
• To be proficient in MS Office applications- Excel, MS project.
What you'll get in return
• Excellent opportunity to work in the west of Ireland
• Competitive salary.
Add to Watchlist