Mechanical Quantity Surveyor
- Date Listed30/04/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Employer: Hayes Mechanical & Engineering
Role: Mechanical Quantity Surveyor
Hayes Mechanical & Engineering specialises in the installation of mechanical services, pre-fabricating and installing pipework and structural steel. We offer career development opportunities, work-life balance and best of all, we are a great bunch of people to work with!
We have an exciting opportunity available for an energetic Mechanical Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for the operation functions for various contracts and to ensure the maximum commercial benefit for the company.
To excel in this position, you will have the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Review contract documents, specifications, design drawings and ensure contract compliance
- Experience budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s and profit plans
- Prepare Cash Flow Forecasts in line with Tender / Construction Programmes
- Manage accounts, interim valuations and final accounts
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing
- Speed and accuracy of information is a priority
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Preparation of budgets for project preliminaries
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3 - 5 years working experience
- Willingness to work hard and ability work on own initiative and attention to detail are essential
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines
- Valid CSCS/SafePass card
By applying for this role not only will your application be considered for this position, but your details will be stored in our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise.