Date Listed 08/04/2018
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
Job Title: CAD Technician
Salary: Neg Doe
Our Client a well-established, leading supplier of high-quality construction products within the United Kingdom & Ireland, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry including design, manufacture & installation, are seeking a highly motivated Draughtsperson (CAD Technician) to join their team.
Reporting into the Design Manager, the Draughtsperson’s main responsibilities will include:
- Produce layout drawings using AutoCAD
- Contact Clients, Architects & Engineers via telephone/email to obtain design details, comments /approval of working drawings
- Issue drawings with covering letters/emails
- Amend drawings in accordance with Client’s instructions
- Update the relevant Database(s) as required
- Seek advice from Senior Designers/Engineers
- Communicating relevant information to other departments
- Monitor workload and prioritise jobs
- Carry out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your manager or director
- Act in a professional manner when communicating (both spoken & written) with our Client’s and their Architects / Engineers
- Produce accurate layout drawings for our precast products
- To seek advice and guidance from a Senior Designer/Engineer when needed
- Understand the duties required under the Health & Safety at Work Acts and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
Key Skills and experience required:
- Previous building design experience preferable
- High level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of a variety of computer packages including Auto Cad, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Training in Nemetschek Allplan CAD software will be provided
- Excellent organisational & communication skills coupled with good time management and a sense of urgency
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Self-motivated, methodical approach with focus on customer service
The ideal Designer will be a highly enthusiastic & willing individual who is keen to build long term and effective relationships with both customers & colleagues alike.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a highly driven organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
If the position above is of interest to you, or you would like to keep up to date with jobs within our specialised industries, send your CV Today! and feel free to register at www.elkrecruitment.com.
Elk Recruitment is an award-winning niche recruitment firm with offices currently in Ireland and the United Kingdom. Our core competency is the placement of permanent and contract mid to senior level professionals within the Fenestration, Facade, Curtain Walling, Construction, Glazing & Medical Device industry throughout Ireland, United Kingdom, MENA region and the United States.
Our in-depth knowledge, particularly of the façade industry, comes from having worked in senior positions for aluminium, glass & steel companies for over 16 years domestically and internationally. During this time gaining invaluable experience and insight into elements of the business such as Estimation, Design, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Project Management. This practical in industry senior experience coupled with a very strong academic background is what differentiates Elk Recruitment from its competitors in our chosen field.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent