Mechanic / Construction Plant Fitter
- Date Listed15/03/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Navan Hire, Hardware & DIY Centre, established in 1986 is a leading provider of hardware, DIY and the hire of plant and machinery in the North East. As a member of the Topline Group we are committed to expanding our business and meeting the needs of our customers.
Due to business growth we are currently recruiting for a Mechanic/ Construction plant fitter and an apprentice Mechanic / Construction Plant Fitter.
- Focus on execution of planned maintenance as well as effective reactive / breakdown support;
- Troubleshooting of equipment failures and initiation of corrective actions;
- Problem solving of electrical and hydraulic issues as well as all mechanical based stoppages on large plant machinery, two stroke and four stroke smaller plant;
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Update the maintenance management system, records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out
- Display a positive and constructive attitude in partnership of problem solving with other areas of the business.
Desirable Qualifications or skills:
Will have two to three years’ experience working with Heavy machinery.
Will be a trades qualified diesel mechanic or construction plant fitter.
Fork lift licence an advantage.
Applicants interested in the apprentice role should be in the 1st / 2nd year of their apprenticeship OR have excellent machine knowledge/ experience.