Date Listed 09/05/2018
Vacancy: Site Engineer
Location: Co Wexford
Salary: Neg. Depending on experience
We are a large main contractor with operations across Ireland, they provide turnkey solutions to the civil engineering and building industries they have undertaken both public and private contracts and they have gained a reputation for delivering some of Ireland’s most prestigious civils projects.
We are currently seeking to recruit various Site Engineer with 2-8 years’ experience in working with a civil engineering main contractor. The successful candidate will be experienced working on roadworks undertaking tasks such as – drainage, surfacing, water mains, kerbing, pavements trench work & pipe laying.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Previous experience of drainage and setting out
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods
- Ideally have gained Chartership with recognised body or working towards it
- Advantage to have experience on projects with bridge structures
- Successful experience on roads and or motorways projects
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment compliance.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Attend regular meetings with the section engineer/sub agent/agent to update on progress of works.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force through general foreman and/or supervisors, monitoring the work of any subcontractors to complete the work as per customer's satisfaction.
- Oversee quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensure that regulations are adhered to.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
- Manage the selection and requisition of materials for use in the construction/maintenance, to check whether the materials are as specified.
- Supervise and ensure proper maintenance of materials and to advise on technology and modifications required for a simpler and cost-saving mechanism.
- Prepare necessary paperwork for the completion of work and get it authorized by the client after their inspection.
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s health, safety and environment management system requirements.
- Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Follow and maintain Company standards of quality in accordance with company quality system requirements general management and co-ordination of digital engineering information.
- Land survey and mapping tasks including production of drawings.
- Assist with the digital computation of construction quantities for tendering and measurement purposes.