- Date Listed23/05/2019
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
The Production Operator will work in manufacturing operations for products, including equipment operation, product manipulation, daily systems checks, support structure operations (eg Environmental Systems) and general housekeeping and cleaning around the site. The successful candidate will perform day-to-day product manufacturing jobs and daily production duties in compliance with all cGMP and Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Manufacture Active Ingredients, Intermediates and other products according to batch sheet specifications and in compliance with both cGMP and company Health & Safety requirements.
- Marshall and transport materials throughout the plant, and to and from the warehouse.
- Take test samples during the production process.
- Maintain site cleanliness through continuous housekeeping, plant cleaning and cleaning validation.
- Completion of general housekeeping duties including scales calibrations, HSE checks, cGMP checks and other areas where requested.
- Assist in operation of the Waste Treatment plant as required
- Carry out all production duties whilst adhering strictly to pre-defined procedures.
- Report any equipment plant utility or process problems and identify process, equipment and documentation improvements
- Reporting of Safety and Environmental Incidents, and support of the safe-company-culture by challenging those found to be in violation of best practices.
- Attendance and participation in safety meetings and safety training.
- Protect the plant, equipment and personal protective equipment from damage and misuse at all times.
- Assist in the training of new process operators.
- Flexible approach to completing work in a pressurized environment
- Available to work occasional overtime
- Active participation in Emergency Procedures training
Who you are:
Essential: Leaving Certificate or equivalent
Desirable: Third level science/manufacturing related qualification
Experience of Continuous Improvement/6-Sigma concepts
Proven numerical reasoning skills, with ability to understand and assess complex data.
Accurate numerical skills, with ability to understand and assess complex data.
Ability to accurately follow and execute complex written instructions.
Previous experience in a similar cGMP API manufacturing role would be a distinct advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
Critical: Good oral and written communication skills in the English language.
Essential: Ability and willingness to take on new tasks, and a strong team player.
Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a flexible, optimistic and committed outlook.
Desirable: Prior proven experience of working in a cGMP environment and/or with hazardous chemicals.
Experience forklift driver
6-Sigma or Continuous Improvement knowledge
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
Environmental conditions: Ability to travel on an infrequent basis intercompany, to training programmes, etc.
Physical requirements: General level of fitness i.e. fit for manual work in a cGMP environment involving chemicals.