Manual Handling and Safe Patient Movement | Fri 10 Sep 2021
- Date Listed19/07/2021
Manual Handling and Safe Patient Movement Blended Learning now enrolling:
- Friday, 10th September 2021 (DEPENDENT ON RESTRICTIONS)
Following HSE guidelines RSG has implemented suitable appropriate control measures place to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 infection:
- Social distancing 2 metre (6 feet) space between you and other people
- Provision of PPE
- Provision of Hand Sanitiser
- Provision of face masks
TO APPLY visit www.rsgcollege.ie/apply and select your module(s) of choice or for more information call us on 086 166 8428.
The Manual Handling and Safe Patient Moving training course can be completed in a day. It covers a range of topics in order to give the learner confidence to risk assess Patient Moving & Manual Handling tasks and perform said tasks within their workplace. This course is designed for healthcare workers who need to be trained to safely move and handle patients under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007
- The Law and its Application to the Manual Handling Environment
- Musculoskeletal System
- Biomechanics and Mechanism of Injury
- Ergonomics and Risk Assessment
- Basic Principles of Lifting
- Log Roll
- Sitting Patient up in Bed
- Turning patient in bed using sliding sheets
- Moving patient up the bed using sliding sheets
- Sitting Patient to edge of a bed
- Standing patient
- Transferring patient from bed to chair
- The falling patient
- Correct use of hoist / slings
There are currently no prerequisites for this course. Learners should be physically well enough to carry out a range of patient moving and handling techniques.
- Learners will be evaluated on their patient moving and handling techniques. They must demonstrate competence in all movements and pass a written test.
Upon successful completion of this course learners will be issued with Manual Handling Certificate and a Patient Moving Certificate and are valid for 3 years
RSG Flexible Learning College is a QQI accredited training provider. The college has an agreed Quality Assurance System in place with QQI to ensure that QQI standards are met and maintained at all times. RSG Flexible Learning College adheres to and complies with the standards and requirements as set out by QQI.