Drivers - Artic/Rigid Full and Part-time
- Date Listed07/01/2020
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Shay Murtagh Precast are Industry leaders in the supply of bespoke precast solutions and transportation. Transportation is a key division in the Shay Murtagh story. We have a great team and we are looking to expand our currant Heavy Haulage international and National fleet. This is an excellent opportunity for any driver that wants to work for the market leader in the industry. We also have open positions for crane drivers on mobile plant around Ireland. We are based in Mullingar so suitable candidates should be a commutable distance from out Head Office.
Main Requirements & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities set out below will form an integral part of the role of the driver position:
- Qualified and experienced Artic/Rigid HGV Driving experience
- Clean valid full driving licence with the necessary up to date CPC license requirements
- Ideally have 2 years Artic/Rigid driving experience cross channel
- Haulage of long and/or abnormal loads would be preferable
- Flexibility in working hours & shifts is extremely important
- Looking after any company vehicle in your care– completing checklist, keeping vehicle clean, ensure everything is in working order
- Complete mandatory vehicle safety checks including checking any load that it is loaded and strapped safely.
- Report any defects or maintenance on various in-company apps and email communication system.
- Compliance and accuracy of Tachographs and other paperwork is essential i.e. road permits if required, travel details and load requirements with receipts, cpc modules and training completed
- Driving: 2 years
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Experience with the haulage of abnormal loads and low loader
- Valid and up to date with all CPC modules
Required licences or certifications:
- Full Driving License - Category C
- Up to date CPC Card
- Safe Pass
· Wearing of correct PPE.
· Keeping vehicles clean
· Completing Checklists
· Lease with Maintenance Dept. if repairs required
· Keeping taco’s etc. completed
· Keeping in radio contact in a professional manner
· Conducting daily vehicle and trailer checks
· Be prepared to do overtime if and when required. Flexibility on site is required with a can do hands on attitude.
· Be available for emergency call out when required.
· Be available for early starts and late finishes where required