Forestry & Farm Assistant
- Date Listed04/12/2018
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypePart-Time
Derrymullen is an organic, sustainable farm based in Co. Kildare. The farm homes a gorgeous closed herd of Speckled Park cattle, who supply us with lovely organic beef. Approx 50% of the farm is covered in mature forestry, a combination of various coverage.
We would like to hire a part-time assistant (approx 2 days a week) FORESTRY & FARM ASSISTANT to help with a project primarily focused in the forestry side of our operation. You'll be working closely with The Farmer so will receive training and guidance on exactly what's required on a day to day basis.
- The function of the role will involve operating farm and forestry machinery, so experience with large vehicles is necessary. Related licences will be required.
- An understanding of sustainable forestry practices is highly beneficial. Experience in this area is welcome!
- Whilst approx 70% of your time will be directly forestry related, there will be other duties around general maintenance, some involvement with cattle / pigs and occasional adventures in other parts of the farm!
- Days can be flexible, please talk to us if the above details are something you are interested in.
- 2 x days per week, with potential to increase over time.