Book: Differential Diagnosis in Internal Medicine, Siegenthaler, 2007 - like new! Open to offers!
- Date Listed08/04/2019
I'm selling this book which is like new. I'm open to offers so please get in touch. Collect in person or can post to your location (at additional postage cost).
An invaluable guide to diagnosing the full range of problems in internal medicine
From Symptom to Diagnosis
Siegenthaler's Differential Diagnosis in Internal Medicine provides a practice-oriented approach to mastering the diagnostic challenges encountered in internal medicine. Organized according to symptoms, the book enables the reader to learn by tracing the path from presenting signs to diagnosis. Different chapters address common classes of symptoms including fever, pain, hematologic symptoms, pulmonary and cardiac symptoms, gastrointestinal symptoms, nephrologic symptoms, and neurologic symptoms. Each chapter presents a comprehensive overview of the methodology and diagnostic tools and tests along with the essential pathophysiologic background information that will guide the reader toward a definitive diagnosis.
- Organized by functional system and symptom constellations
- Coverage of all sub-specialties in internal medicine, with special consideration of related subjects, such as dermatology, neurology, and rheumatology
- Discussion of typical findings and signs for differentiation of all common, rare, and exotic diseases with pathophysiologic background information
- More than 780 stunning figures demonstrating key concepts
- Instructive tables and differential diagnostic algorithms summarizing symptoms and diagnostic pathways
- Guidance for the differential diagnostic evaluation of common laboratory test results, including step-by-step plans for further diagnosis
With its unique symptom-to-diagnosis approach, “Differential Diagnosis in Internal Medicine'' is ideal for medical students, residents, and practitioners requiring an authoritative reference in the clinical setting.
Walter Siegenthaler, MD, was Professor Emeritus of Internal Medicine at the University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- Hardcover: 1140 pages
- Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers; 1 edition (2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1588905519
- ISBN-13: 978-1588905512
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 2.3 x 10.8 inches