Healthcare Assistant - Churchtown Co. Cork
- Date Listed19/11/2020
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Aperee was established in 2019 and focuses on providing excellence in long term and respite residential care for the older adult. We pride ourselves on our devoted and experienced staff who are committed to making a real difference to the wellbeing of our residents.
Ideally Located in the picturesque village of Churchtown in North Cork, Aperee Living Churchtown is a purpose built, 52 bed single storey nursing home with extensive outdoor space, including a beautiful garden, for residents to enjoy. Aperee Living Churchtown is easily accessible from the N20 and a short drive from the thriving towns of Mallow and Charleville. This home is vibrant, with colourful artwork throughout the building, offering an exciting and stimulating environment for our residents.
Rates from €10.10/hr
Duties & Responsibilities of a Healthcare Assistant:
· Supporting the nursing staff in providing high quality holistic care to our residents
· Ensuring residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards while maintaining the resident’s dignity at all time
· Assisting residents with eating and drinking in line with their nutrition needs
· Assisting residents with mobilizing as appropriate and using correct aids
· Escorting or/and transfer residents as directed by the Nursing staff
· Assisting in End of Life Care
· Any other duties deemed necessary by nurse and management.
· Candidates should hold or be studying towards a QQI Level 5 certificate in Healthcare.
· Practical experience in a caring capacity desired.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Professional, caring and empathetic nature.
· Be comfortable working in a sometimes, challenging environment.
· Have a good level of English language skills
· Good communication skills
· Availability to work varied shift patterns days, nights & weekends, across Monday to Sunday.
· Comprehensive induction training
· Free Garda Vetting
· A rewarding working environment, with support from supervisors and managers
· Competitive rates of pay
· Subsidised meals
· Paid quality training
· Continuous professional development
· Opportunities for promotion within an expanding group
· Extensive in-house training
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Free parking
APEREE LTD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER