Healthcare Assistant in Cork City and Surburbs
Date Listed 11/04/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Essential qualities of a Healthcare Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience, follow instructions and maintain confidentiality, be punctual, have good English language proficiency and good written and verbal skills.
Your responsibilities as a Healthcare Assistant include . . .
- Assist the customer with activities of living i.e. bathing, showering, continence care etc. as outlined in the customer care plan
- Pay due care and attention to all aspects of care duties carried out on behalf of the customer
- Provide a high standard of care in line with the requirements outlined in the customer care plan
Qualifications & Experience & Requirements:
- All Healthcare Assistants must have obtained QQI approved Level 5 Modules ‘Care of the Older Person’ and ‘Care Skills’ (Healthcare Support 5M4339) or have a minimum of one year experience as a Healthcare Assistant and be in a position to undertake the two QQI Level 5 modules outlined above.
- Patient Moving and Manual Handling certificate
- Experience of caring for others in a professional capacity is desirable
- Own transport.
- This position is available on a full-time/part-time, temporary/permanent contract basis
- Flexible working hours
About Bluebird Care:
Bluebird Care are proud to provide services that facilitate people to remain in their own homes and community in so far as is possible. Bluebird Care provide services to a wide range of people, including: older persons, adults with Dementia, adults who require care and support due to chronic illness, adults and children with physical/sensory/intellectual disabilities and people who require support/rehabilitation to live at home
Bluebird Care is fully committed to providing high quality services, in line with best practice, national standards and regulatory requirements. Bluebird Care are the only homecare provider in Ireland with all of its offices Q Mark certified, demonstrating its commitment to elevating standards in the homecare sector.
Contact and ask for Sarah if you would like to know more about this position telephone: 021 – 4279116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Add to Watchlist