Director of Nursing and Staff Nurse job in private nursing home
- Date Listed11/01/2021
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
Our client has a fabulous Director of Nursing job opportunity for the right candidate in their lovely nursing home. Also recruiting for a dynamic Staff nurse in the same home.
The DON role could suit a Clinical Nurse Manager or Assistant Director or Nursing seeking to step up into the role given three years management experience in care of the elderly.
This Nursing home is a flagship home, part of a larger Group going from strength to strength.
Excellent salary and benefits on offer for the right person.
Bonus included on compliance with HIQA and occupancy - very achievable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Quality of Care Responsibilities
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of nursing and social care which meet the individual needs of each resident through implementation of:
- The Company’s Quality of Care System
- Clinical practice in the home meets Regulations and Standards
- Monitoring of clinical practice through individualised plans of care for each resident
- Conducting internal audits and following up on results of same
- Initial induction of staff and ongoing training and development of staff
- Encouragement of innovative practice
- Ensuring implementation and adherence to Company and HIQA standards, procedures and guidelines
• Financial Administration Responsibilities
- Maintenance of administrative procedures in the absence of the Administrator
- Monitoring of administrative procedures
- Knowledge of residents fee income, funding source, fee arrears, personal allowance, financial records
- Management of the Community Unit’s budget.
- Have an understanding of legislative requirements regarding the financial affairs of mentally impaired people
• General Management
- Conducting regular communication meetings with all clinical staff
- Establish a good rapport with external community agencies bringing the local community into the Home and facilitating residents to attend functions/activities within the local community
Qualifications Skills and Attributes:
• Qualified RGN with at least 3 years management experience in the last 6 years in care of the older Person.
• Registered on appropriate part of Irish live register of NMBI
• Proven track record in healthcare clinical management
• Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills
• Sound decision making ability and results driven
• Good appreciation of finance issues
• Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative
• Ability to work well and promote a team environment
• Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company
Apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Maria on 087 922 2245