ABA Care Worker in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Date Listed 28/06/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
- Caring for adolescents, aged 11-17 years of age, with Autism and Intellectual Disabilities using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA).
- Working in a setting that aims to reduce inappropriate behaviours and increase positive behaviours by following behavioural support plans implemented for each service-user.
- Promoting and nurturing person-centred planning using key worker systems and social goal procedures.
- Identifying supports and working in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans.
- Working effectively and efficiently in terms of time management, personal organisation and adherence to organisational policies and work procedures.
- Free behavioural training in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) provided.
- Paid experience in the field of behavioural psychology.
- Experience in working with individuals with Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, and other developmental disorders.
- MAPA restrictive practice training provided for free.
- Degree in a related area, e.g. Psychology, Social Care / Healthcare, Early Childcare & Education, etc.
- Familiarity with Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or other developmental disorders.
- Experience in/willingness to work with challenging behaviours.
- Previous experience or knowledge of ABA desirable (training provided).