- Date Listed16/10/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Location: Beneavin Manor, Beneavin Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
About us: Firstcare has been providing nursing home care in Ireland for the elderly and frail for over 14 years. We know what it takes to make sure our residents across all our nursing homes in Ireland live in an environment that is comfortable, safe and clean with the greatest dignity, support and respect possible. We are the leading nursing care homes in Ireland with an excellent reputation for innovation in the area of dementia care. We are completely focused on providing a person-centred approach to care, and achieving the highest standard of dementia care in Ireland.
- Be accountable and responsible for high standards of care in the Nursing home.
- Carry out all aspects of care according to the person’s needs, as per his/her agreed care plan
- Carry out care for our residents with dignity, respect and facilitate their optimum independence as much as possible
- Ensure the resident’s nutritional needs are met
- Assist residents with their eating, drinking, dressing, personal hygiene and toileting needs
- Assist residents to mobilise safely, and securely in everyday needs and emergency situations.
- Participate in the delivery of therapy and any other alternative therapies as arranged/prescribed by the Nurse, Social Care Leader or Home Manager
- Observe, listen and engage with the residents and, report any concerns to the Nursing staff.
- Keep accurate and quality records as required under HIQA regulations. Ensure regulatory compliance in respect of HIQA standards, Fire, Health and Safety and Environmental Health
- Be familiar with all statutory instruments of legislation concerning nursing homes and to be familiar with all applicable policies and procedures within the homes
- Communicate with all staff, residents, relatives and visitors to the Home in a manner that will ensure good positive clear outcomes
- Keep up to date on current practices of Care for Older Persons
- Carry out such other duties appropriate to the post as directed by management
- Ensure that the Nursing Home is secure and safe at all times.
- Excellent Pay Rate based on experience
- Employee Retention Bonus €2250
- A great working environment
- Opportunities for progression in an expanding organisation
- Great team spirit and camaraderie