Family Support Worker - 11 years girl - cerebral palsy.
Date Listed 23/05/2017
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
“Rachel is bright, creative and funny. She loves to paint, write, visit galleries and cafés. And her greatest passion is cake.”
Rachel’s family is looking for a new Family Support Worker. They believe it’s important that some one applying for the job should first know a little about their home. So they asked one of the other Family Support Workers to describe it to you. (Thanks Maria).
“Working for the Rachel’s family for the last three years has been a pleasure. Her parents are lovely people to work for; kind, down-to-earth and considerate. They are pragmatic, flexible, respectful and appreciative.
I’ve told you a little about Rachel above, who will be your primary responsibility, but each of the other children are uniquely endearing. Young Oliver is smart, sweet, sensitive and logical too. Louise, the eldest, is a natural performer and enjoys dance and gymnastics and has a great sense of humour. The household is busy, fun-loving and well-organised. It’s a positive environment, a nice home in a nice part of Dublin. The work is really varied and very, very rewarding.” (Maria)
Rachel is an 11 year old girl with cerebral palsy.
Your employer will be Enable Ireland, a leading national voluntary organisation which provides family support services for people with disabilities and their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and voluntary agencies.
Essential criteria for the successful candidate:
• Experience working with children with disabilities.
• Experience working with families in the community.
• Fetac Level 5 certificate in Health/Social Care or a nursing/health/social care degree or evidence of working towards same.
Desirable criteria for the successful candidate:
• Qualification in child care, health care, special needs or social care.
• Experience of working with people with dysphagia.
• Up to date First Aid training.
• Experience of delivering personal care in a health or social care context.
• Full clean driving licence
Salary: The hourly rate for this post is: from €12.84 to 17.01 (Entry point on scale dependent upon experience)
If you think you like the sound of the job, we’d really like to hear from you.
Please Note – “Because of the personal care duties involved in this job and in line with section 26, subsection 2 of the Employment Equality Act 1998, we ask for only female applicants."
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Thursday, 1st June 2017
Interview date: 8th June 2017.
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
A panel may be formed for similar vacancies that may arise within the next year.
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
• The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
• Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
• Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
• The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment