- Date Listed04/06/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Fern Dean Nursing Home in South Dublin is looking for Healthcare Assistants.
The Ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
Hold a FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare Support including the Care of the Older Person module
If you are enthusiastic, flexible and eager to make a progress with your career - get in touch!
- Income protection
- Live Insurance/Death in Service
- Injury at work payment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career Progression opportunities
- Free ongoing training and development
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- To work as part of a team of Health Care Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team
- To provide quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual review of resident’s needs
- Enable and assist resident to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance
- Enable and assist resident to eat and drink
- Enable and assist resident to access and use toilet facilities, participating in individual continence promotion programmes
- Contribute to the movement and treatment of resident to maximise their physical comfort
- Promote mobility of resident, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure resident retains optimum mobility
- Maintain high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- To work closely with the activity co-ordinator/social care leader of the nursing home and ensure engagement of the residents at arranged activities where possible and suitable.