Practice Nurse - Maternity Cover. Dublin 8. Full Training Provided.
- Date Listed03/04/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeTemporary
Practice Nurse Maternity Leave Cover in the UCD Coombe Family Practice, Dublin 8. Approx 10 months starting 28th May. Part-Time or Full-Time.
Full training & handover will be provided to the successful candidate.
For details on how to apply for the role, please call Fiona Quinlan, Practice Manager on 01 473 0893 or send an email to email@example.com.
- To provide practice nursing services to patients of the practice
- Manage the primary childhood vaccination programme
- Monitor vaccination uptake & initiate patient recall
- Manage chronic disease programmes including diabetic cycle of care
- Co-ordinate the ‘Heartwatch’ programme (secondary prevention of cardiac disease)
- Maintain accurate disease registers
- Perform regular audit of programme compliance
- Assist with the combined ante-natal programme
- Assist with delivery of women’s health services including smears, LARC & colposcopy
- Stock control and ordering of supplies
- Assist with managing screening programmes ie. Breastcheck, Bowelscreen.
- As a teaching practice, some level of teaching Is expected to medical students and new staff.
- Relevant nursing experience
- Current registration with An Bord Altranais as RGN or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- The candidate must be eligible for appropriate indemnity
- Midwifery desirable
- Previous relevant practice nursing experience
- Proven track record of delivery of practice nurse services