Staff Nurses – Kerry
Date Listed 30/11/2017
Job Type Full-Time
Red Chair Recruitment are currently accepting applications for experienced Staff Nurses for our clients, a healthcare company in Kerry.
Responsible for consistently maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct to ensure excellence in the care of residents. You will accord respect and dignity to each resident as an individual, supporting and promoting residents rights in care. You will direct the activities of Care Assistants and any other support staff interfacing directly with residents and ensure timely effective use of resources. The Staff Nurses will be responsible for the general operation of all nurse care on a day to day basis in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Nursing Personnel.
- Perform day/night duty rotation and perform duties as allocated by the Director of Nursing.
- Assist residents with all medical and nutritional intake, hygiene, general appearance, treatments and ailments, providing specialist care to residents when needed and aiding residents with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Assist residents to achieve physical, emotionally and psychological comfort and well being, liaising as appropriate with a resident’s clergyman.
- Deliver skilled practical nursing care and participate in the monitoring of the planning, delivery and evaluation of individualised patient care.
- Ensure accurate assessments are carried out on each resident incorporating not only a biomedical approach but ensuring a biographical, bio-psychosocial approach is adopted. Maintain absolute confidentiality in respect of all medical and nursing records.
- Supervise the nursing practice of junior members of the nursing team and participate in the educational aspects of that practice.
- Supervise the care provided by Care Assistants ensuring that high standards of good quality care are delivered to the residents.
- Participate in the development of new ideas for the improvement of care provided for the residents.
- Be aware of current legislation governing or affecting the nursing profession.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Nursing
- Registered with An Bord Altranais
- Experience in residential care of the older adult desirable
- Committed to enhancing the care of older adults
- Must be able to demonstrate continuing professional development
- Excellent Communication, Organisational and Time Management skills
- Positive Attitude, Flexible, The ability to work within a team and be courteous and helpful to residents, relatives and visitors.
PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Competitive Salary on par with HSE scale dependent on experience and qualifications
- Statutory Holidays
- Pension Package
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview stage
If you have 2 years experience Nursing, please send on your CV to email@example.com to apply for this position.
We Get People,
International Recruitment Consultant
Red Chair Recruitment, Recruitment House, 91 New Street, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.redchairrecruitment.ie
Skype: redchaireducation LinkedIn: – https://ie.linkedin.com/in/neil-buckley