Healthcare Assistant- Co. Meath
Date Listed 12/06/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Hold a FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare Support including the Care of the Older Person module.
- If you have recently commenced FETAC studies, you must have completed a minimum of two modules to apply for this position
Excellent Salary and Conditions
The candidate should be a flexible, enthusiastic, self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to progress their career and grow with the company
- Competitive Salary
- Career Progression opportunities
- Free ongoing training and development
- Comprehensive induction, mandatory training (Relevant courses, such as moving and handling, infection control, fire training and food hygiene, ensure all employees continually update their skills and knowledge.) and Garda vetting.
General Duties and Main Purpose of Job:
- To work as part of a team of Health Care Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team
- To provide quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual review of resident’s needs
- Enable and assist resident to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance
- Enable and assist resident to eat and drink
- Enable and assist resident to access and use toilet facilities, participating in individual continence promotion programmes
- Contribute to the movement and treatment of resident to maximise their physical comfort
- Promote mobility of resident, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure resident retains optimum mobility
- Maintain high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- To work closely with the activity co-ordinator/social care leader of the nursing home and ensure engagement of the residents at arranged activities where possible and suitable.