Date Listed 13/02/2017
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Reporting to: Education Manager
Contractual Hours: 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday
Essential Criteria for Applicant
- Excellent proven ability to use Microsoft Office applications; accurate word processing and data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner with clients
- Minute-taking skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively, whilst being methodical and well-organised
- Excellent personal presentation
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility
Desirable Criteria for Applicant
- Knowledge of music/ music industry
- Experience of working in administration within an education environment
- Awareness of issues in Higher Education and Quality Assurance requirements
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in administrative systems and propose solutions
1. Administrator for Education Department
a) To assist in the production of programme and partnership documentation and external QA documentation and to circulate these to appropriate personnel inside and outside BIMM.
b) To create student class timetables for all courses and produce an individual timetable for all tutors, and to circulate accordingly.
c) To have responsibility for room allocation planning and tuition hour estimation and maximisation of room usage, also overseeing the booking of external teaching spaces when required.
d) To manage the tutor deputising calendar by coordinating with HOD’s to ensure suitable teaching deputies are allocated to classes when required.
e) To organise the re-scheduling or relocating of classes if required by liaising with Estates and Facilities Manager to ensure disruption to student experience is kept to a minimum.
f) To draft and send correspondence to students as required.
g) To participate in fortnightly HE Management Team meetings, and the compilation of a monthly report.
h) Collation of Module Questionnaire feedback for all modules, and distribution to Module Leaders, in advance of Module Leader Reports.
i) Importing & setting up all BIMM Dublin database information required for Celcat Database and assisting with the administration of VLE platforms.
j) Compiling & collating and processing all BA3 and BA4 module choices. Processing demo submission requirements and arranging auditions requirements.
k) Assisting Exams team with preparation for Exam Board and Exam re-sit Board.
l) Coordination of additional assessments for Advanced Entry for external applicants where applicable.
m) To assist with Open Days, Graduation & Enrolment, Initial Auditions, student gigs and promotional events.
n) To play an active role in the maintenance and development of administrative systems.
o) To assist the Head of Education with timetabling and collation of tutor observations.
p) To display a willingness to be flexible regarding working hours during peak periods with time off in lieu.
q) Arranging meetings and appointments relating to academic administration to include some minute-taking, room booking and preparing agendas / itineraries.
r) Any other duties which may be required from time to time by the Principal.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by, and agreed with their Line Manager.
Link to full job specification - http://bit.ly/2jAtDGO