Internship in Tour Operator's FIT Online & Booking Department from January
- Date Listed21/12/2018
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeInternship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
The intern would assist with some or all of the following duties:
- All aspects involved in the placement of all FIT & Online accommodation requirements with focus on achieving the Company’s overall targets.
- Manage and effectively utilise the FIT & Online Department allocations, securing additional allocations when required and compiling monthly utilisation report with recommendations for action and with regular reporting of activities to the Reservations & Yield Coordinator or the FIT & Online Operations Manager.
- Responsibility for the timely processing of bookings from our client base into the Company’s reservation system Tourplan and issuing booking confirmations (or entering confirmations into client reservations systems), amendments and cancellations.
- Maintenance of the agent’s extranet, closing or opening allocation as necessary.
- Sending the bulk message on daily basis and arrival list on weekly basis.
- Processing, including securing hotel space for booking requests for which we have no allocations or where allocations have already been utilised.
- In conjunction with the account handler, dealing with any overbooking situations that might arise.
- General office duties including booking confirmations, filing, processing reservations including the preparation of client vouchers and invoices through the Company’s reservations system (Tourplan).
- Fluency in English language
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution/Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
- 300€ per month
- 1.75 days off per month
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.