Internship Tour Operator's Accounts Credit Control Department from mid-August
- Date Listed09/05/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeInternship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
The Accounts Department at the Abbey Group is a dynamic team whose main area of responsibility is that of Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP) and Financial Control.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / CREDIT CONTROL
The Credit Control department is responsible for the collection of money for FIT/Groups/Corporate files. Credit Control is responsible for collecting money in a timely manner and minimising the risk of bad debts. They also ensure that invoices are sent on time and payments are requested in line with existing credit terms.
The daily tasks involve being in constant contact with worldwide customers thus you will have the opportunity to practise your foreign languages.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Collecting money from clients who do not have credit
- Invoicing all bookings for the individual department
- Reconciliation of the credit card payments for bookings and conferences
You may also be asked to assist with:
- VAT procedures UK / Ireland
- Analysis of margins
- Cash flows
- Credit Control
- Assist with any other duty that arises
- Any duty that is assigned to you by your Manager/Director
- Cover of front office reception as assigned
Flexibility is required and you might be asked to support another area at any time.
- Fluency in English language
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution/Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
Skills to be acquired
- Reality of our business and exposure to the Tourism Industry in Europe
- Understanding our key markets and clients, how we develop and operate our business, our marketing strategy
- Exposed to the tourist attractions/products we offer to clients/trends
- Communication skills and team work skills
- Organisational skills, leadership skills, ability to work on own initiative, learning our tour operating system and develop their IT skills.
- Improve English language both written and oral
- 300€ per month
- 1.75 days off per month
- 2 night break (Staff Weekend)
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: email@example.com.