Internship Tour Operator's Contracting Department
- Date Listed08/05/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeInternship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest
established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978
when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh
and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are
recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in
specific types of inbound tourism
Individual & Online Travel
Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
Association Conferences & Events
The Contracting Department is directed by Paula Gismondi. This position would include some
or all of the following duties:
- The function of the Contracting Department is to negotiate all product services required by Abbey Ireland for its Groups, Individual and Corporate Departments, including accommodation, guides, transport, visitor attractions & entertainments. The team is responsible for all administration related to all areas of contracting i.e. sending/return of contracts, effective and timely communication with the Information Systems Department to ensure contracts are loaded to our company database.
- The department has a pro-active role in the identification of new product and its incorporation into programmes suitable for sale/operating by the Abbey Group.
- Creating descriptions for new product as well as maintaining existing product information and imagery is also a role of the department.
- As part of the day to day role, we need to ensure that all central documents are kept up to date, such as the overview chart and that all contracting templates are prepared in advance etc.
- The co-ordination of suppliers/trade visits to the Abbey Group office and supplier invitations are managed by Paula and her team.
- Fluency in English language
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution/Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
Skills to be acquired
- Reality of our business and exposure to the Tourism Industry in Europe
- Understanding our key markets and clients, how we develop and operate our business,our marketing strategy
- Exposed to the tourist attractions/products we offer to clients/trends
- Communication skills and team work skills
- Organisational skills, leadership skills, ability to work on own initiative, learning our tour operating system and develop their IT skills.
- Improve English language both written and oral
- 300€ per month
- 1.75 days off per month
- Staff Weekend
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.