Internship Tour Operator's Information Systems Department from September
- Date Listed03/04/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeInternship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel (Moloney & Kelly)
The intern would assist with some or all of the following duties:
- Create new supplier and client accounts, based on agreed Company protocols.
- Insert and amend supplier rates and allocations.
- Co-operate with all departments within the company to improve the ease of use of the system.
- Maintenance of company database – creating/editing/deleting records.
- Problem solving for system users.
- Data entry - contracted rates and details.
- Work in a small team environment and taking the initiative to share the work as necessary.
- Students must be enrolled at an educational institution and/or complete this internship as part of their studies/to be allied with college/Educational institution/Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc.
- Fluency in English both spoken and written
- Excellent team work skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- 300€ per month
- 1.75 days off per month
- Staff Weekend
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: email@example.com.