Golf Pro Shop Assistant
- Date Listed28/02/2020
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeCasual
Whether in our kitchens, dining rooms, event venues or offices, our singular purpose is to captivate guests with our unparalleled quality, service, and food and wine knowledge. We achieve this only through the excellence, innovation and passion of our team members. If you are seeking a rewarding career that involves first rate training and education, mentoring and development, attractive compensation, and inspiring rewards and recognition, consider joining The Fota Collection.
We are currently recruiting for a Golf Pro Shop Assistant to join our dynamic team in The Clubhouse at Fota Island Resort.
- Assist members and guests in creating a pleasant and satisfying shopping experience.
- Assist and follow up with members and guests on special orders and all other retail needs.
- Assist in merchandising and creating new, interesting and visually pleasing displays, by maintaining a pristine shop appearance and organizing and straightening merchandising displays.
- Maintains a professional and service-oriented environment in the pro shop by utilizing excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
-Have full knowledge of golf tournaments and events and be able to answer member questions pertaining to the events.
- Book lessons and tee time reservations as needed for the Golf Professional Staff.
- Checks guests in, utilizing the Point of Sale (POS) system, for processing purchases, credit card transactions, answering the telephone, and managing the reservation system in accordance with The Fota Collection standards.
- Follows company guidelines for opening and closing duties, including cash handling
-Ability to learn member names, greeting them by name when they enter the golf shop. Must exhibit willingness and preparation to go above and beyond normal expectations on a daily basis for members and their requests.
-Must be efficient, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to take direction in order to complete tasks without the need for managerial follow-up.
- Must have a professional and well-groomed appearance and adhere to dress code and uniform policies.
- Must possess an outgoing, friendly and professional personality, be able to communicate clearly and be patient and courteous with members, guests, and co-workers.
- Ability to work weekends and some holidays, and be on your feet for the majority of your work day
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
- Strong knowledge of golf
- Attention to detail
Staff Benefits Include:
- Discount on Dining options of up to 50%
- Company Funded Education Programs
- Reduction on accommodation for family and friends
- Discount for Spa treatments and products
- Use of Health Clubs
- Staff Dining Facilities
- Staff Parking