- Date Listed23/11/2021
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Manager to work in a facilities team in student residence in Central Dublin. Would suit someone, who is thriving in a busy PBSA (Purpose built student accommodation) facilities or similar environment.
This is a full-time fixed term contract. Salary on offer is €35000 per year.
· To take responsibility for the day to day running of the building, that it is clean and safe.
· To provide effective leadership to ensure key objectives are met.
· You will be responsible to coordinate the facilities team.
· Responsible to ensure all invoices are processed in good time with effective codes and within approved budget.
· To process statutory and regulatory compliance including fire, water, H&S and other relevant audit areas, and report to the General Manager.
· Ensuring maintenance is delivered in line with defined timeframes.
· You will assist with Debt Management and interact with students in a respectful manner.
· Responsible for the rota, work scheduling of the facilities team.
· To assist with building management making sure there is a smooth operation for student arrivals, departures summer turnarounds and refurbishment programmes.
· Understanding HR issues and ensuring they are dealt with or escalated professionally and in line with relevant legal frameworks.
· Capable to ensure all work is carried out within company guidelines and policies.
· Resolving any student complaints
· Ensure correct training is carried out or highlighted to General Manager where necessary.
· Maintaining overall building appearance and condition
· Overall responsibility for summer clean and maintenance programme delivery
· Travelling to other buildings to complete audits
· Ensuring a warm, welcoming environment to students, parent, and visitors to the site
· Assist in ensuring your site is a safe environment in which to live and work
· Be able to review reports on Debt, Income, and general occupancy.
· Experience of delivering excellent customer service
· A good working understanding of tenancy management and housing legislation
· A good handle on sales and marketing with a proven track record of results
· Ability to write reports and present performance indicators
· Strong IT skills transferable to in house systems (Starrez, Peninsula etc.)
· Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels
· Problem solving skills with ability to use own initiative
· Relevant student accommodation, leisure, hospitality or building management experience preferable
· Experience of offering pastoral care and spotting the issues that affect students
· Knowledge of the issues surrounding students
· Ability to handle sensitive issues
· Influencing skills and a professional outlook on challenging issues
· Outgoing and enthusiastic
· A desire to learn and to continually develop
· Willing to attend relevant training days/sessions
· Eager to seek feedback and review ways to do things better
Interested? We’d be delighted to receive your application and discuss further.