Exams and Education Administration Assistant
- Date Listed19/09/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
Hours of Work: 9:00AM–5.30PM Monday to Friday
About BIMM Institute
BIMM, The British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in eight cities where music matters most – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe.
Our eight BIMM colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in guitar, bass, drums, vocals, song writing, music production, music business, music journalism and event management.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, dynamic professional with a background in administration. The successful applicant will work closely with the Exams Officer and the Education team to ensure that the exam process in BIMM Dublin is run to the highest standard in line with our educational partner regulations. The successful candidate will also be required to make a significant contribution to the provision of a high level of academic administrative support for all BIMM Institute Dublin courses.
Essential Criteria for Applicants
· Highly computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
· High degree of competency in minute taking at meetings
· High level of accuracy in data inputting and the ability to concentrate in a busy office environment
· The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
· The ability to remain calm under pressure
· A quick learner who is enthusiastic about their work
· Flexibility with regard to working hours in busy periods
· Commitment to a high quality customer service ethos
· Experience administering HE Examinations
· Knowledge and/or understanding of HE administration, quality systems and procedures
· Experience working with student record databases or similar software
· Although not essential, a knowledge or background in music or music business