Full Time EHS Assistant - Rathcoole, Co. Dublin
Date Listed 04/04/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Reporting to the QHSE Manager the responsibilities will include:
- Providing EHS induction training for all staff.
- Carry out Risk assessments (Chemical, VDU, etc) on all of our sites.
- Maintenance of Safety Statements across all of our sites.
- Carry out various audits/inspections required under the Active Monitoring program.
- Investigate accidents, as required.
- Ensure Near misses and Spill reports are completed.
- Organise Health and safety training for all of our sites (manual training, forklift-driving, first aid, etc.).
- Attend Weekly EHS Performance meetings.
- Carry out various tasks associated with one of our sites being an Upper Tier COMAH site.
- Preparing EHS performance reports as required.
- Maintenance of ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System.
- Management of Waste Collection Permits.
- Dealing with Customers and Regulators on EHS matters, as required.
- Have a minimum of a Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Some experience of environment, health and safety but not essential as full training is given.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations, if they arise.
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail and proven problem solving skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office packages.
This is a full time position with a competitive salary offered.