Garage & Fleet Manager DUBLIN AUTO CENTRE – Ballymount, County Dublin
Date Listed 12/09/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
The Garage & Maintenance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the management of general Garage operations.
They will also be responsible for the implementation and management of cost saving systems in relation to parts purchasing, vehicle repairs, fuel consumption, claims management, incident reporting, daily walk-around supervision, health & safety control and driver risk assessment and control, . Primary objectives are to increase overall company efficiency, reduce costs through improved fuel management and reduce the number of incidents and insurance claims by ensuring correct procedures are followed at all times and through rigorous risk assessment and ongoing driver training
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
General Garage & Maintenance Management
- Liaising with and helping Assistant Garage Manager in all functions delegated to him to ensure efficient purchasing, record keeping, timely chassis and body repairs etc.
- Overseeing the weekly rostering of staff and allocation of duties to mechanics, security and other maintenance/repair personnel
- Operating emergency mobile phone number on a bi-weekly rotating basis with Bart out of office hours. Any changes to roster to be agreed with Management.
- Attend Office on Saturdays on an agreed rotating basis and hold emergency no. for same week-end, responding to calls and ensuring smooth operation of Company Fleet during these week-ends
- Ensuring that you are contactable at all times on numbers to deal with emergency situations, if required
- Overseeing the repair of all faults that are identified and reported on driver walk-arounds are rectified in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring the smooth flow of information between Garage & Transport departments at all times
- Overseeing purchasing of garage & maintenance supplies subject to a purchase authorisation limit.
- A full clean drivers license
- Previous experience essential
- Fluent English
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €22,000.00 to €28,000.00 /year
please call 0852871616