Health & Safety Manager
Date Listed 01/12/2017
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
We are currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager for a full time permanent position with a client based in Kildare area.
This role would involve 50% in the office and 50% out on site – covering sites nationwide, mainly greater Dublin area but can involve clients as far as Cork (all travel expenses are covered).
Main duties/ Key Accountability:
- Planning, implementation & review of a suitable Health & Safety system across the company;
- Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures and the company safety statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements;
- Organise and co-ordinate a company approach to Risk Assessments and Method Statements, identifying and quantifying existing and potential new hazards, and developing and implementing appropriate controls;
- Accident Management - work with site management to ensure a robust process is established which includes incident investigation, identification and implementation of all corrective actions and effective preventative programs;
- Provide a robust process around Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required;
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments that affect the industry;
- Support Managers and employees to maintain safe systems of work, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support where required;
- Ensure that Personal Protection Equipment is managed on site;
- Deal with all customer health & safety requests and queries;
- Monitor all subcontractors to ensure their Health and Safety policies are in line with ours;
- On larger projects act as H&S representative on site and attend weekly safety meetings;
- Any other ad-hoc duties that the role may require.
Suitable candidate should have:
- A minimum of 4/5 years’ experience;
- Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential;
- Experienced in developing and implementing robust H&S programmes;
- Experience in leading and carrying out Risk Assessment;
- IT Proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel and E-Mail;
- Strong inter-personal skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, good influencing and negotiation skills and ability to coach.
- Previous experience working directly for Contractors on Construction Sites a distinct advantage;
- Experience of working in a similar sales and maintenance type industry.
The salary on this role will very much depend on experience but range at €45K to €50K.
Please send your up to date CV to apply for this job.
Ref. No.: 17138