Internship in Incentives Department at Moloney & Kelly from February 2020
- Date Listed13/03/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeInternship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel (Moloney & Kelly)
- Association Conferences & Events
The intern would assist with some or all of the following duties:
- Updating costs sheets for proposals and confirmed programmes, including, where appropriate, securing supplier services for the programme and the negotiation of rates for those services.
- Putting Itineraries together
- Helping in writing descriptions for our suppliers, for instance hotels, restaurants, evening events etc.
- Dealing with suppliers and requesting rates and availability on a daily basis, this is done via email and phone. It’s essential that the intern has a good level of English in order to be able to communicate.
- Assisting Account managers in operating confirmed programmes which include communicating with the overseas client if appropriate and on site assistance if required.
- Assistance with any sales and marketing activities –sales trip preparation –printing brochures –creating PowerPoint Presentations.
- Students must be enrolled at an educational institution and/or complete this internship as part of their studies
- Fluency in English both spoken and written - German language skills are a great advantage
- Excellent team work skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Internship allowance of €300.00 per month
- Weekend Away (you will be entitled to a 2 night break on a bed and breakfast basis for two people sharing a twin room ensuite in a 3* Hotel or Bed and Breakfast accommodation which is subject to availability)
- 1.75 days off per full working month
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: email@example.com.