Internship in Mediterranean Speaking Groups Department from September
- Date Listed09/05/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeInternship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
- Help to develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential clients.
- Daily communication with our overseas clients and/or suppliers, both here in Ireland and in Scotland
- Co-ordination of a variety of arrangements for tour groups within specific time restrictions – making reservations, creating & updating group itineraries, makingrequired amendments when changes to the clients programme occur, invoicing, communication with tour guides and coach companies etc.
- Preparation of client itineraries and their associated costing.
- Full utilisation of the Tourplan software to generate all client quotations and subsequent follow up and to ensure that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected on Tourplan.
- Help preparing material for any agreed sales and marketing activities
- Help with any admin work (e.g. translations) needed during quotation/follow up/confirmation process.
- Research markets, clients, programs as the need arises and as assigned by your Manager/ Director.
- Fluency in English and Italian / Spanish / Portuguese language
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution/Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
Skills to be acquired
- Understanding the reality of our business and exposure to the Tourism Industry in Europe
- Understanding our key markets and clients, how we develop and operate our business, our marketing strategy
- Gaining knowledge about tourist attractions/products we offer to clients/trends
- Improving Communication skills and team work skills
- Improving organisational skills, leadership skills, ability to work on own initiative, learning our tour operating system and develop their IT skills
- Improving fluency in English language both written and oral
- 300€ per month
- 1.75 days off per month
- Staff Weekend
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: email@example.com.