Internship in Nordics and Non-English Speaking Markets Department from December
- Date Listed13/03/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeInternship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
The intern would assist with some or all of the following duties:
- Help to develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential clients.
- Daily communication with suppliers like tour guides and coach companies and occasionally with clients, both here in Ireland and UK
- Co-ordination of arrangements for tour groups within specific time restrictions – making reservations, creating & updating group itineraries, making required amendments when changes to the clients programme occur
- Preparation of tour programs and their associated costing.
- Full utilisation of the Tourplan software to generate all client quotations and subsequent follow up and to ensure that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected on Tourplan.
- Help preparing material for any agreed sales and marketing activities
- Help with any admin work needed during quotation/follow up/confirmation process.
- Research markets, clients, programs as the need arises and as assigned by your
- Manager/ Director.
- Student must be enrolled at an educational institution and/or complete this internship as part of their studies
- Fluency in English
- Additional language (e.g. Scandinavian / Russian/Czech language) is an advantage
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- 300€ per month
- 1.75 days off per month
- 2 night break
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: email@example.com.