Internship in Tour Operator's Mediterranean Department from May 2019
- Date Listed15/11/2018
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeInternship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
· Individual & Online Travel
·Incentive & Luxury leisure travel (Moloney & Kelly)
· Help to develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential
· Daily communication with our overseas clients and/or suppliers, both here in Ireland
and in Scotland
· Co-ordination of a variety of arrangements for tour groups within specific time
restrictions – making reservations, creating & updating group itineraries, making
required amendments when changes to the clients programme occur, invoicing,
communication with tour guides and coach companies etc.
· Preparation of client itineraries and their associated costing.
· Full utilisation of the Tourplan software to generate all client quotations and
subsequent follow up and to ensure that the confirmed proposal is accurately
reflected on Tourplan.
· Help preparing material for any agreed sales and marketing activities
· Help with any admin work (e.g. translations) needed during quotation/follow up/
· Research markets, clients, programs as the need arises and as assigned by your
· Cover of front office reception as assigned
· Fluency in English language and Spanish
· Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution /Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
1,75 days off per month
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.