Internship in Tour Operator's Operations Department from October 2018
Date Listed 17/09/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Internship
About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
·Individual & Online Travel
·Incentive & Luxury leisure travel (Moloney & Kelly)
- Daily communication with suppliers in Ireland and the UK - the role is logistics-focused; trainees are required to liaise with the group account handlers and suppliers
- Sending documentation to suppliers for tour groups, creating technical itinerary documents for confirmed tours, preparing and sending rooming lists to hotels.
- Sending bookings, amendments and cancellations for visits and lunches to suppliers
- Help with any admin work as required, may include sending contracts to Irish suppliers or assisting other departments
- In collaboration with different language departments i.e. German, French, Mediterranean, English and Nordics, non-English speakers trainees assist with ensuring that all Tour guides, coach companies and overseas tour leaders have the necessary and correct documentation in order to manage and run their touring groups effectively.
- Responsible for updating the database with the correct details.
- Responsible for tasks specifically assigned to each individual by the manager apart from shared task within the department
- Assisting in training of the successor
- May be required to cover our Front Office Reception
Students must be enrolled at an educational institution and/or complete this internship as part of their studies
Fluency in English both spoken and written - additional language is a great advantage
Excellent team work skills
Good communication and organizational skills
Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- 300 Euro/month
- 1,75 days off per month