Dual-Role: Tour Guide and Travel Co-Ordinator
- Date Listed24/04/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeTemporary
Dual-Role: Travel Co-Ordinator and Guide
Lally Tours / City Sightseeing Galway
Lally Tours are currently hiring staff in preparation for the oncoming 2019 season. Our team of travel coordinators are the first point of contact with our customers, and handle the execution of sales, promotion and travel arrangements, both in person at the front desk in our office, online and on the streets.
Our Guides then take the customers and host them through the variety of area’s that we visit with our guests from all corners of the globe.
This role is unique in that the candidate will have an abundance of variety in their working week, mixing from in-office travel co-ordination to on the road guiding, particularly with our City Sightseeing Galway branch.
Everyday activities include:
- Working with visitors from all angles of life and helping them build their travel itineraries while in Ireland
- Co-Ordinating Transport for individuals and groups
- Promotion and Sales of our growing variety of tours and services
- Responding to requests for information in person, over the phone and via email
- Selling various travel experiences to international customers
- Selling tickets and guiding on our open-top City Sightseeing buses
Suitable Candidates would have:
- A pride in Galway and the magic of the City and County
- A strong passion for customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A wealth of local knowledge of the West of Ireland, particularly Galway City
- Ability to work in high pressure and busy situations
- Experience in travelling Ireland and abroad
- Strong computer skills, particularly in the use of word processing, emails and spreadsheets
- Previous professional experience in working with international customers in the service industry e.g. in a bar, restaurant, front desk, reception, travel agency, tour guide, tourism office etc.
Desireable but not vital skills:
- An additional language
- Inán Gaeilge a labhairt
- This position will be compensated per hour at a competitive level, plus commission on sales
- Fluent English is essential
- Weekend work will be required on a regular basis
- During peak days our office hours are 08:30 - 20:00. Off-peak hours are 08:30 - 18:00
- Ideally we will work on a fixed weekly schedule, but this may change according to demand
Please email a cover letter, CV (with references) to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject “Travel Co-Ordinator”. Please include whether you are looking for Full Time or Part Time employment, and when you would be available to begin employment.