Date Listed 13/06/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Casual
for Lally Tours
Lally Tours are currently hiring 2 x Travel Coordinators to join our expanding team of young professionals at our Galway City office. The travel coordinators are often the first point of contact with our customers, and handle the execution of sales, promotion and travel arrangements, both in person at the front desk in our office, online and on the streets.
Everyday activities include:
- Working with visitors from all angles of life and helping them build their travel itineraries while in Ireland
- Co-Ordinating Transport and Accommodation for individuals and groups
- Promotion and Sales of our growing variety of tours and services
- Co-ordinating the distribution of promotional material
- Responding to requests for information in person, over the phone and via email
- Selling various travel experiences to international customers
Suitable Candidates would have:
- A 3rd level qualification in the area of Sales, Marketing, Tourism or similar.
- A pride in Galway and the magic of the City and County
- A strong passion for customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A local knowledge of the West of Ireland, particularly Galway City
- Ability to work in high pressure situations
- Experience in travelling Ireland and abroad
- Strong computer skills, particularly in the use of word processing, emails and spreadsheets
- Previous professional experience in working with international customers in the service industry e.g. in a bar, restaurant, front desk, reception, travel agency, tour guide, tourism office etc.
- Previous professional experience in administration and record keeping
- Ability and confidence to take initiative and pursue a project which has been allocated to them.
Desireable but not vital skills:
- An additional language
- Inán Gaeilge a labhairt
- Initially, both the Full Time and Part Time positions will be compensated per hour at a competitive level.
- 1 x Full Time (39 hours p/w) and 1 x Part Time (10-20 hours p/w) position will be available
- Fluent English is essential
- Weekend work will be required on a regular basis
- During peak days our office hours are 08:30 - 20:00. Off-peak hours are 08:30 - 18:00
- Ideally we will work on a fixed weekly schedule, but this may change according to demand
- There is room for role expansion with the appointment of new positions coming prior to the Summer of 2016
Please email a cover letter, CV (with references) to email@example.com using the subject “Travel Co-Ordinator”. Please include whether you are looking for Full Time or Part Time employment, and when you would be available to begin employment.
Interviews will be conducted in Galway City on the week commencing May 18th, with employment commencing imminently.