Transport Planner Dublin West/Meath (Ref number 17055)
Date Listed 10/08/2017
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
I am currently looking to recruit a transport planner for a full time permanent position based in Meath, client based 15 minutes driver from Dublin 15 area
- Customer liaison to include booking in deliveries, Pricing of jobs & Manifest creation.
- Entering/Updating jobs onto the company system.
- Extensive tracking of jobs through our IT system
- Resolve any delivery or collection issues in the most efficient way possible whilst maintaining the highest level of service at all times.
- Preparing any transport jobs and paperwork as and when required.
- Driver liaison and delivery confirmation.
- Working with our suppliers customers and our UK depots
- Checking of discrepancies and manifest updating.
- General assistance where necessary in the different departments
- Ensure the company’s disciplinary codes and policies are adhered to at all times.
- To professionally undertake any reasonable task /request from management
- To consider and maintain cost effectiveness at all times
- Identify problems early and respond in a timely fashion
- Work collaboratively and co-operatively at all time with colleagues
Suitable candidate should have the following:
- 2 years Planning & Admin experience within a company based in Ireland.
- Leaving cert
- Own transport
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude, interpersonally effective with the ability to influence people positively Microsoft office experience to include excel spreadsheets etc.
- Good IT skills
- Be able to communicate with courtesy and proactively at all times
- Develop trust and respect from colleagues across the organisation
- Be constructive and supportive in your interactions
- Demonstrate personal drive
- Ability to work efficiently under a high pressure transport environment
- Communicate effectively (active listening, questioning, expressing self clearly and concisely)
- Positive and pro-active approach to work
- Contribute pro-actively, positively and professionally to formal and informal discussions with all colleagues
- Approachable to all colleagues
- Good Geographical Knowledge of Ireland, UK preferable
Salary will very much depend on experience but range from €30K to €33K
This is a full time permanent position on a day shift Monday to Friday