Warehouse Supervisor – Evening Meath (Ref number 17073)
Date Listed 10/08/2017
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
We are currently looking to recruit a Evening Shift Supervisor for a busy distribution company based in Meath
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior warehouse team leader looking to progress into a supervisor role
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes warehouse and human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Communicate with and provide the relevant information/reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to all clients. Ensure all client queries are addressed and closed out on and advised to Site General Manager where applicable.
- Where errors / problems occur, conducts route-cause analysis including the implementation of preventative measures in order to prevent reoccurrence, up to and including the disciplining of staff where applicable.
- The completion of daily operational audits (both warehouse & yard) at the beginning of each shift in order to ensure any health & safety / hygiene non-conformances are identified and addressed immediately.
- Ensures all operational functions and process are completed in accordance with company policy and statutory legislation e.g. Health & Safety, Food Hygiene, Security and Quality Standards.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of all operational functions (receipt, put-way, replenishment, picking and despatch) and processes in order to maintain accurate inventory levels are maintained at all times.
- Maintenance of training records and holidays, managing the development of employees in order to ensure adequate cover of during period of holidays / absence and in response to fluctuations of peak volumes.
- Liaise with Inventory manager to ensure accuracy of stock, following up on all shorts/damage issues and implementing disciplinary action if required.
- Conduct Daily shift meetings with staff, communicating shift expectations, company updates and any improvements required, with a specific focus on operational and hygiene excellence.
- Ensuring comprehensive shift handover takes place at the end of each shift with oncoming manager and completing the relevant handover documentation in full for review by the site General manager.
- Provide up to date and accurate information to the Site General Manager and /or Operations Director as required. To be aware at all times of the current status of the operation.
- Supervise, manage and assist in daily Warehouse and Transport operations ensuring all staff are operating to the required standards and rates.
- Ensuring accuracy of consignments and supporting documentation across all client accounts. Ensuring adequate systems and process are in place and managed accordingly.
- Maximizes warehouse storage capacity by organising both floor space and racking locations, up to and including the completion of slot moves were necessary.
- Responsibility for securing the warehouse at the end of shift,
- Any other reasonable request
- Suitable candidate must have minimum of 5 years working in warehousing in a either a senior warehouse operative role or a team leader role OR 2 years working as a warehouse supervisor
Salary will very much depend on experience but range at €37K
This is to cover an evening shift however suitable candidate must be flexible that if the need arises to cover evening or days