Exam focused Irish grinds from UCC First Class Honours Student
Date Listed 31/08/2017
Achievements with Irish:
- I achieved 505 points in my Leaving Cert (A1 in Irish) and a First Class Honours in my most recent Irish exam in UCC.
- I have recent experience in teaching Leaving Cert Irish classes with more than 25 students in each session, and additionally have experience with 1-1 tutoring.
- I have also spent 3 consecutive years working in the West Kerry Gaeltacht region, encouraging and teaching secondary school students Irish.
- Finally, following my summer exam result in Irish, I was awarded a scholarship to an Irish Course an Ring, Waterford. (Gaeltacht region).
My name is Róisín Nic Liam and I will be turning 20 this November. I am a second year World Languages student in UCC, Gaeilge being one of my main subjects. I was brought up with Irish since the age of 3 when I started pre-school through the medium of Irish (naíonra). I also attended all Irish speaking primary and secondary schools. Gaeilge is a huge passion of mine and I would love maximise any student's grade for the Junior and Leaving Certificate. I understand how the Irish course is quite drab and tedious in school, so I can empathise with a student's difficulty in the subject. I am enthusiastic, reliable and motivated. Based in Cork City and Garda Vetted.
What I offer:
- Exam focused A1 notes for essays, prose and poetry.
- A1 Oral notes (worth 40% of LC exam!).
- Strong focus on grammar to maximise grade in written pieces and overall grade.
- Effecient exam strategy tips to achieve best grade and avoid time waisting.
- Willing to do group sessions and can tailor the classes and notes to the student's level if required.