Pre Loader/Local Sort (Split Shift) - Galway
Date Listed 24/05/2018
Advertised By Private
Job Type Part-Time
General Operative – Galway
We are currently looking for an Experienced General Operative for our Galway Depot.
Hours: Split Shift 5am to 9am and 4pm to 8pm Mon to Sat, additional hours when required to meet operational requirements
Warehouse operatives will be required to work in the pre-load operation in the Galway Package Centre. They will need to ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines. The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customers.
- Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
- Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
- Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
- Prioritize "guaranteed service" parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
- Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
- To identify any 'Cash on Delivery' parcels.
- Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
Fluency in English is essential both written and verbal
Strong organizational skills
Ability to lift parcels up to 70 Kgs
Be self-motivated Work well within a team environment Work well under pressure
To apply, please visit www.upsjobs.com, select Ireland as the country and then search jobs – this will bring you to the current list of vacancies within UPS and Nightline.