HR Generalist - West Dublin
- Date Listed23/11/2018
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeFull-Time
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
To work in partnership with the HR Business Partner and wider HR Team to provide a dedicated Human Resource service in line with our people strategy and business objectives.
Act as a resource to Management and individual Employees as appropriate and provide timely and responsive advice and support, in line with legislation and company policy, facilitating actions where necessary.
Manage the full Recruitment and Selection process and associated activities e.g. interview scheduling, reference checks, pre-employment medical, drafting of contract of employment, induction and onboarding process.
Coach and guide management on all aspects of people management including Performance Management, Learning and Development, Talent Review / Development, Statutory and other Leaves, HR policies and procedures.
In conjunction with the relevant Manager, provide expert advice and support on Employee Relations issues ensuring cases are addressed and resolved in a timely manner, in compliance with legislation and best practice.
Develop, update and maintain HR policies and procedures as necessary, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and best practice.
Processing of information using the HR Information System (Success Factors) ensuring it is kept up to date reflecting all elements of the employee life cycle and liaising with payroll as required e.g. new hires, leavers, contract extensions, internal transfers and other work processes.
Compile internal and external HR updates, reports and people relates metrics, identify trends and drive agreed actions in support of HR and business strategy.
Support as an agent for change, review and drive continuous improvement and enhancements of HR processes, procedures and systems to ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
Conduct Employee Exit Survey, collate, analyse and report data, identifying trends and proposed actions in support of Talent retention.
Undertake various administrative duties including completion of social welfare documentation, invoice generation and processing through the internal SAP system, employment confirmation and reference letters.
Support with delivery of internal HR communications activity business wide.
Key Competencies / Skills:
- Previous experience in a HR Generalist role (1 – 3 years)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work in a fast paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment operating with the highest degree of integrity and discretion
- Strong knowledge of human resource processes, practices and employment legislation.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and high work standards
- Problem solver, disciplined in ascertaining root cause of issues and identifying and developing practical solutions
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Experience / Qualifications:
- Educated to a minimum of degree level
- CIPD qualification
- People Management / HR / Employment Law qualification
- FMCG experience
- Use of HRIS systems, preferably Success Factors