Graduate Sales Engineer
- Date Listed22/05/2019
- Advertised ByAgency
- Job TypeGraduate
Job Title: Graduate Sales Engineer
Job Location: Greater Dublin based or surrounding counties with countrywide travel
Job Type: permanent, full-time
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Our client is a long-established multinational company who are leaders in the provision of sensor and vision systems, factory automation and safety systems targeting the manufacturing and industrial markets.
Sensors and measurement systems, vision and factory process automation & safety systems.
· Designated territory sales and new business development.
· Identifying and following up on potential new sales opportunities - including new markets, potential growth areas, new market trends, cross selling opportunities
· New business development calling new and existing clients, following through on marketing generated leads.
· Attend industry relevant seminars, conferences and events when appropriate.
· Qualify prospective clients organise meetings with relevant stakeholders and decision makers.
· Plan your business day and schedule accordingly to maximise your sales effectiveness.
· Develop cycle of repeat sales whilst keeping abreast of changing market trends, competitor offerings etc!
· Qualified to degree level in an engineering or technical discipline. Other disciplines maybe considered once applicants show a passion for all things technical and engineering
· Recent or newly qualified graduate with the will and determination to pursue a career in technical sales. Candidates with previous B2B technical sales and business development experience will also be considered once they show a willingness to learn and adapt.
· A hunger to succeed and over-achieve
· Ability to work well in a KPI target driven environment
· You will be equally comfortable dealing with customers face to face and via phone/email
· You should understand the importance of following a sales process and attention to detail.
· You should be curious as to how things work and have a exploratory nature to designing solutions for your customers.
· You should a naturally positive and enthusiastic individual with strong influencing and negotiation skills with an eye for the “close”.
· Your customer engagement must be convincing and show a high level of regard for their business model and associated challenges so you can deliver solutions that add value and increase the chance for repeat sales.
· You will have a likeable persona and naturally get on with all traits and character types.
· Must be eligible to work on a full-time permanent basis in Ireland
· Must have a full driving licence
· Fluent English both oral and written
A superior training programme is offered to all new hires, so this is a superb opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in engineering sales.
Package on offer
Salary: €30-35k plus bonus, company car, laptop, mobile, health & life insurance, pension and travel expenses.
*Our client has a tradition of promoting from within the organisation so there are excellent career prospects available with this employer