Sales Manager - Freight Forwarding (Ref number 17011)
Date Listed 25/07/2017
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
I am currently looking to recruit an experienced Sales Manager for a Freight Forwarding company
The role of the Business Development Manager is to win new business nationwide, and work to agreed targets. You will be an integral part of the Business Development Team with responsibility for generating new business opportunities and account management that will produce desired revenue goals.
- Proven current sales success on the road within the supply chain logistics sector and be comfortable engaging with key decision makers at senior levels
- Comfortable working to targets, you will have a track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads, sales, business development and winning new business
- Be computer literate with a good level of I.T. skills.
- Possess a full driving license.
- Forwarding or relevant trade qualification desirable
- Win new business and work to agreed budget targets
- Complete the required weekly travel to ensure meeting targets are achieved
- Actively promote and develop the full range of services
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements; attending relevant seminars, maintaining professional networks, tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locate/propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners thereby discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential and financials, evaluating options, resolving internal priorities etc.
- Calculate and submit logistics quotation and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly within the defined Company format, while protecting any confidential data.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Submit an activity/new business report on a weekly/monthly basis to the Director.
- Achieve sales targets/deadlines as directed by the Managing Director.
- Liaise closely with Operations Managers and staff at the relevant location and establish a close working relationship.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and professionalism at all times to enhance company profile.
Excellent package on offer, salary will very much depend on experience