Teach Young People at the Cork Life Centre
- Date Listed12/11/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeVolunteer
Do you have time to volunteer, teaching Junior & Leaving Cert subjects on a 1:1 basis?
Would you be interested in teaching varied subjects in the afternoon. The hours would be 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
Are you good at building positive relationships and motivating people?
Do you have interest in Teaching, Counselling, Youth & Community Work or Social Work?
The Cork Life Centre is now recruiting Volunteers for the new
academic year Sept 2019 to May 2020.
Come Join our Team! Email your CV email@example.com
* The Cork Life Centre is a Voluntary Organisation which supports 12-18 year olds who for multiple reasons have not thrived in the mainstream educational setting
* An alternative Centre of education the Life Centre prepares young people for state exams following the National Junior & Leaving Cert Curriculum.
* The Centre offers 1:1 tuition & supports student’s holistic needs through counselling & outreach work.
* At the Centre, students learn vital social & life skills; develop positive trusting relationships with peers and staff; build resilience, confidence & self-belief
* Our environment is ‘home like’ open & accepting, our relationships are based on mutual respect, our aim to encourage students’ to reach their full potential
Attributes & Skills Required
- Experience or interest in Teaching, Counselling, Youth & Community Work or Social Work.
- Ability/skills to teach subjects to Junior Certification level on a 1:1 basis.
- Be caring, enthusiastic and non-judgemental in their approach to people.
- Have the ability to build relationships and motivate vulnerable young people.
- Be committed to fulfilling our minimum availability requirement Screening Details for Volunteer Teacher Role
- Application Form
- Informal Interview
- Complete Irish Garda Vetting and if lived overseas must also provide Police Vetting from relevant country.
Life Centre provides Volunteer Teachers - Induction Programme
- On going Support / Advice / Recognition/ Supervision and mentoring
- In house and externally Certificated Training Opportunities
- Our Volunteers gain substantial and invaluable work experience to develop their Careers