After School Childcare Assistant
- Date Listed26/03/2019
- Advertised ByPrivate
- Job TypeFull-Time
At Hyde & Seek Childcare we aim to provide the highest quality of childcare in every aspect of our care and education programme which we have been providing since 1998. We are a family run business which can personally respond to the families it serves. Our purpose designed crèches offer a child friendly, safe and secure surrounding. Through our highly trained staff we provide exceptional care programmes in a fun, stimulating and caring environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Manager to implement and maintain services and/or programmes.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of activities suitable for this age group.
- Maintain room and equipment to ensure the health and safety of children at all times
- Ensure a good standard of hygiene.
- Attend meetings and undergo training as required.
- Be aware of all policies and follow same,
- Be aware of Child Protection procedures and advise manager should you have any concerns about a child.
- Supervise homework activities.
- Accompany children to and from school.
- Maintain strict confidentiality – any breach of confidentiality about children or their families will constitute gross misconduct.
- Perform other reasonable and relevant duties as assigned from time to time.
- Perform collections as per Collection Policy
- Carry out weekly planning to include themes, observations, keyworker system.
- Comply with all regulatory standards as set out by Tusla, DES
- Perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Candidates must hold a minimum of Fetac Level 7 or 8 in Early Years Education, preferably with Montessori
- Candidates must have a minimum of 1-year relevant experience in a similar role.
- Candidates details will be submitted for Garda vetting
Candidates who completed their qualifications outside of Ireland must have a qualification that is on the list of recognised qualifications by the DCYA or have a letter from the DCYA confirming they can work in Early Years Education in Ireland.
What we can offer you:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time