Field care supervisor

€ 32,000 / Annum
Employment Type
Permanent | Full Time
We are an established private home care provider. Operating in Cork for over ten years. We provide ongoing care and personal assistance to elderly and disabled clients living in their own homes.

Summary of role

Reports to: Care Manager

Responsible for implementing field-based quality control systems and providing support to all Care & Support Workers within the Cork area.

Principal responsibilities

· To carry out Individual Needs Assessments for new and potential service users.

· To conduct risk assessments as part of the Individual Needs Assessment and update these as required as part of the individual’s risk management.

· To carry out introductory visits every time a Care & Support Worker visits a service user for the first time.

· To ensure all service user visits are always covered.

· To be on-call in case of emergency. (weekly assigned shifts would mean that you would be on call alternate weekends)

· To liaise closely with Care Coordinators regarding recruitment, permanent allocation of Care & Support Workers and the writing of Care & Support Agreements.

· To identify suitable Care & Support Workers to cover for any absences, this may be due to sickness or holiday.

· To provide and facilitate in-field training as and when appropriate.

· To monitor, supervise and mentor all Care & Support Workers in the field.

· To ensure that all written reports and administration is up to date.

· To assist in recruiting new health care care assistants.

Field Care Supervisors will spend approximately 70% of their working week in the field with the remaining 30% being spent in the office in order to complete the necessary administrative duties.

Must have at

Access to own transport and clean vehicle Licence. (Essential)
Ability to work on call rotating weekly schedule covering alternate weekends (Essential)
At least 3 years professional care work experience (Essential)
QQI level 6 qualifications minimum (essential) preferably with clinical qualifications.
Completion of a new Garda vetting application (Essential)
Educated to at least QQI level 5 in healthcare ideally level 6. (Essential)
Two previous employer references (Essential)
Strong written and spoken English. (Essential)
Good IT skills (based on merit)
Legal entitlement to work within the Republic of Ireland (Essential)
Feb 27, 2024
Additional information
Company Name
Caremark Cork
Phone Number
1 - 3 Years
Select a label or click "Other" to send comments


Report Illegal Content

Use the above link to report “illegal content” under the Digital Services Act. In order to do this your report must be specific and include an explanation outlining why the content is illegal.

Are you sure you want to cancel your report?

Upload your CV


Files accepted: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt

Create an account or Log in to save your CV to your profile and get alerted when similar jobs are posted

Do you have a full licence and access to a car?
Do you have at least 3 years professional care work experience?
Do you have a QQI level 6 qualifications minimum?
By submitting the form below, I agree to the Gumtree Terms of Use and Privacy Policy